Sunday, July 23, 2006

Being too busy

The last month has been a rollercoaster; the new functionality of WiktionaryZ that we now have is awesome. The whole idea of the [[DefinedMeaning]] starts to make sense. People are collaborating on the same data. The idea that information can be shared and that it only needs to be added once is now a reality.

The thing that amazes me is that I am so busy making sure that everything works well, that we have some crucial data. Things like the Swadesh lists and the the list of 1000 basic English words are really important because these are basic words, they demonstrate best the merits of the concept. And I am really pleased with how things are progressing.

The thing that annoys me is that there is so much work that I would like to get done.. Some of it is plainly not for me to do. Other stuff like writing on the blog is very much for me to do. I may have to be even more selective what I do. Making these choices is hard.. Then I am glad I am in this position.. So many great things are happening and I am part of it :)

Thanks,
GerardM

No comments: