Today started horribly; my Skype was not working and my headset was to blame. I could not call using skype so I had to use my plain old telephone to call abroad :( I then tested my system and it was indicated that my microphone was not working. I went to my computer supplier and, I was told that my headset came with a two year warranty !!
I got home and it was still not working. So I played with my configuration and I could not get it to work. So I went again to my computer supplier Mycom and we fiddled with all kinds of values. For whatever reason we got it to work but we were not able to pinpoint what the issue was. I think that it may have to do with an upgrade of the Skype software that I did the other day but I am not sure. In the end, the friendly service I got was the highlight of the day :)