Thursday, February 26, 2009

A GMAIL feature request

I received an e-mail from my friend Raoul. Raoul has a new e-mail address. I changed his profile and added his new e-mail address. Now should I remove his old e-mail address?
  • When I remove his old address, I lose the connection to all the mails I received in the past
  • When I keep his old address, I may use it to send him new mail
What I would like is for Gmail to have a "historic" bit for e-mail addresses so that I will be able to find the old mails from my friend Raoul.
Thanks,
GerardM

2 comments:

Michał Połtyn said...

Now you can merge your contacts, so they will have assigned two or more e-mail addresses. :) No need to remove the old address.

GerardM said...

My profiles are merged. The problem is a different one. In a merged account I will have both e-mail addresses available when I want to select an e-mail address. I should see only the current one.

What I want is set the other address to "archive status".
Thanks,
GerardM