Thursday, August 12, 2010

#Google blocks use of #Wikimedia #Commons pictures

I want to write about a domain provider. In order to illustrate this I selected this picture from Wikimedia Commons. I get the message:
Only select images for which you have confirmed that you have a licence for use.
I make a screen print in order to illustrate my blog post. I try to upload it and I get the message:
Only select images for which you have confirmed that you have a licence for use.
The page on Commons about the picture is quite clear:
This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
I am equally sure that I am allowed to feature a screen shot using either the Chrome or the Firefox browser, if only because it is fair use.

Google, what are you thinking, are you intent on killing your blogger service ?
Thanks,
     GerardM
Post a Comment