Saturday, December 04, 2010

Musée Jean-Jacques Henner and #glamwiki

After the GLAM conference in #London, it was the turn for #Paris to host a meeting where Wikimedians and people from the GLAM world met. It was a thoroughly enjoyable event with plenty of surprising moments. There were exquisite French and Wikimedia projects that were new to me and there are plenty challenges that we will overcome another day.

One of the happy examples was a presentation about the Musée Jean-Jacques Henner this French National Museum reopened in 2009 after a lengthy refurbishment and is now using innovative ways to gain attention for the museum and for the art of Mr Henner.


Now that I am back in my hotel, I am really astounded to find that the English Wikipedia has an article about the museum. The surprise is in finding it rated higher then the museum itself when searching in Google and to top it off, there is no article listed from the French Wikipedia.

As I could not believe that there was no French article about the museum, I did look into it and found that the English article did not have an interwiki link to both the German and the French article. So I did the right thing; I fixed it.
Thanks,
      GerardM

No comments: