The problems for the Indian languages are not singular and the hope is that many Indian developers will follow. There are so many challenges that they may solve. They feel the itch and, they can scratch it.
To name just a few challenges:
- the presentation of different Unicode iterations is not properly supported on most devices
- search engines do not provide the results of different Unicode iterations as being the same
- PDF support is broken so how to export Malayalam, Arabic or Bengali articles
- we are waiting for functional internationalisation of the official off-line reader
- other off line readers do not use openZIM