Wednesday, June 06, 2012

#Wikimedia #swag


My key chain is probably the best #Wikipedia related object that I have. It is big, it is sturdy and before I had business cards it was a nice gimmick introducing the organisation I work for.

My key chain was given to me at a conference and now you can add it to your cart and have your own. The impression of the Wikimedia shop is one of a work in progress. There are already fifteen things you can choose from. The Wikipedia mug for instance is not yet available nor are the computer bags or baseball caps.

The shop started small and it is in English only. The good news is that there is so much room for growth. They could sell more things and there could be things to do with other projects. Internationalisation of the software used is under way and as the software is open source, translatewiki.net is an option.
Thanks,
       GerardM

No comments: