Tuesday, May 07, 2013

#Lua template wanted for use of #Wikidata in #Wikipedia

Denny said some magical words to me;

  • you can convert a list of Wikipedia wiki links to links to Wikidata using Lua
  • you can check if there is an article on THIS Wikipedia
  • you will show the Wikidata data when there is no article
He even said that it is not hard to do and provided this as a pointer.

I am preparing a Wikidata workshop and I would be REALLY pleased when this list was available doing all the song and dance mentioned above. There are so many other lists that could benefit from this as well. 

I am convinced that such functionality will motivate people to write stubs and articles on subjects that are important to them. I am also convinced that it is a powerful incentive to create data that accomplishes things like this.
Thanks,
     GerardM
Post a Comment