Sunday, November 16, 2014

#Wikimedia NL - my #Wikidata presentation - #WCN2014


The presentation I gave at the 2014 Dutch conference in Utrecht went well. Sadly, for whatever reason I found that it is not yet on Commons. That can be remedied.

When I present, the slides include the main points so when people doze off, they can always find what it was all about. This presentation is very much my view on Wikidata. I presented in Dutch and the slides are in English so that it can be easily re-used.

The points I made are:
  • Knowing about Wikidata and its development is best understood thanks to the stats
  • Appreciating the information included is best done through the Reasonator
  • Wonderful tools exist that are sadly NOT part of plain vanilla Wikidata
  • Why and how I make so many edits ... the method in my madness
  • The Dutch Wikipedia COULD activate Wikidata search.. to share in the sum of all available knowledge
  • Much knowledge is not known to the Dutch Wikipedia
  • Wikidata already knows about much meta data on Commons thanks to the Creator templates
Thanks,
     GerardM

No comments: