Thursday, March 12, 2015

#Wikidata - #Diversity and #LGBT

Richard Glatzer died. He died from motor neurone disease. I added this for everyone who died in this way. Mr Glatzer is associated through four categories with LGBT and I will not touch any of these with a bargepole.

I will not touch it because it is so redundant and opaque. When people are associated with LGBT, I do not know they are gay and in what way. What I care for is that sexual orientation is expressed in Wikidata once.

Associating people with LGBT does not mean that people who are gay have been active and known as such. It does not even mean that the people who are championing the cause of LGBT are gay.

From my position, the information about LGBT sucks big time, I can not use it and, I find this regrettable.
Thanks,
     GerardM



No comments: