- First I check if the person already exists on Wikidata.
- Given the description on the GYA website, it is possible to find him or her.
- When I don't I add a new item for the person, I indicate that it is a "human" and add a gender based on what I think I see.
- Next I make this person a "member of" the "Global Youth Academy" and add the "start date" as specified on the website as a qualifier.
- I then check ORCiD for this person. When I do I either run the SourceMD process and at this time I add it to a list for later processing.
- This will eventually generate a well filled Scholia for those who have been processed.
- I also check Google Scholar and VIAF because "authorities" are important.
In this blog many of the pointers are for Matthew Levy, all edits are done in Wikidata itself.. This is the item for Mr Levy.