Monday, November 26, 2007

Wiktionary upset

When I look at the Wiktionary website at the moment, it does not show yet that the French language Wiktionary has more articles then the English language Wiktionary. I think it is absolutely wonderful because if anything it shows that you should not take things for granted in Wikis.

Not taking things for granted is a healthy attitude. There is an inherent bias against the French language Wiktionary in the Alexa numbers. However, I am impressed by the numbers quoted.

All the bigger Wiktionary projects have used bots to build up their content. I can imagine that a healthy rivalry will make the numbers go even higher, this would benefit the users of Wiktionary because I trust the Wiktionary communities to watch the quality of the content :)

Thanks,
GerardM
Post a Comment