Monday, May 26, 2008

New projects are ready for new business

I am really happy and grateful that the projects that have been approved have been created. These new projects with the exception of the Wikinews projects are now available under a combined CC-by-sa and GFDL license. As Erik indicated in the past, this will prove necessary at the time when the latest version of the GFDL will finally be published.

I wish the new projects well in their quest to provide the type of information that they are creating for to the people they are there for.

A special word of thanks to Tim Starling for making a difference :)
Thanks,
GerardM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not understand. What are the names of the new projects, their URLs and when (or where) were they approved? I can find nothing confirming the creation of new projects, on Meta or Foundation website. Please enlighten me.

GerardM said...

The process of new languages is centred on the page "Requests for new languages" on Meta. When you sort on the date of the "Recently closed" requests, you will find many requests closed on the 26th. This will also give you the name of these projects.
Thanks,
GerardM

Anonymous said...

Oh... well, then I believe that is hardly news to me. I thought some proposals (more than 1!) in Request for new projects finally made it , and some new PROJECTS called WikiXXX have been created by WMF. Can't help but feel a bit disappointed... Thanks for your reply, anyway ;)