Saturday, September 20, 2014

#Wikidata - Hal Newton; #baseball player

Mr Newton died in 2014 and, as his demise was only recently picked up it came up to my attention only now. I added his date of birth and death. I skimmed his article and added two clubs he played for by hand; the Calgary Stampeders and the Toronto Argonauts. For a third club there was a category so I added all of the players of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats using AutoList2.

Then it hit me. Adding all this data to Wikidata is very similar to collecting baseball cards. Sometimes you get one card at a time, sometimes you get a whole collection. All of them have to be fitted in so that they can be displayed most advantageously.

At that Wikidata is very much the box where all the cards live. Reasonator is like a display book; it shows off what there is and it is where you get the best impression of what is still lacking.
Thanks,
     GerardM

No comments: