Monday, July 12, 2010

Back home after #Wikimania

I am at home from Gdansk. I loved Wikimania. I have been utterly selfish; I have not blogged for a number of days.

Wikimania season started with the arrival of the wonderful pfctdayelise at my home. It was hot and we did sensible things like swimming and touring a bit. Now that I need comfort food, I am eating the TimTams she brought for me.

The trip to Gdansk was by car with two wonderful Wikimedians. The road to Gdansk brought us many interesting observations, I missed most of those on the way back as I was mostly producing zzzzzzzz.

I am so happy that the talks, panels were recorded; I could just go and talk to people and I can watch the talks at my leisure. I am bold enough to send e-mails when I have questions and it is timely enough when I blog about them because there has been little blogging about Wikimania this time.

So I am home, tired, on comfort food. Thinking happily of all the people that I met and spoke with. Being sad that I did not find the time to speak at length with many old friends. There is always skype, e-mail, IRC and there is Haifa next year.
Thanks,
      GerardM

2 comments:

eekim said...

Great seeing you there, Gerard. Thanks again for your contributions to strategy and for everything you do for Wikimedia.

Glad you arrived home safely, and look forward to staying in touch!

pfctdayelise said...

I had a great time too. Not sure I would call our leisurely ambles in the park "touring" though. :)