Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ziekenhuis.nl

Ultimate wiktionary will get its prominence partly because of what it aims to do and partly because we will actively look for glossaries and coherent bodies of work. The theory is that the whole is more than the sum of the parts..

Ziekenhuis.nl has a 1834 words glossary with academic medical words with a description and an English translation. I received permission to use this in Wiktionary and it is a perfect addition to the EU thesaurus with medical terminology. They will both be included in the UW.

The Ziekenhuis.nl words will be included in the Dutch wiktionary. I have a few reasons to do it, one is my sister teaches nursing and it is nice for her to have it. Another is, that I want to create some buzz about wiktionary and UW and finally as I aim to have words pronounced, I might as well start with it.

As these words are now available under the GNU-FDL, Sabine also mentioned this on some mailinglists and made the file available for download. It would be stellar if this resulted in some translations ..

Thanks,
GerardM

No comments: