When you read what UNESCO has to say about Freedom of the Press, it is sickening to see how many journalists have been killed for keeping our society Free and informed. When you are part of the Wiki world like I am, many of the notions what makes good journalism, what makes for providing people with good information are the same.
Today we celebrate the release of Alan Johnston, it is wonderful that he is Free. The price of the kidnap may be that there will be no journalist of Alan's stature left to report from places like Gaza. The price may be that we will not be informed of what is happening in many parts of the world. The price may be that we will only know our point of view without the possibility of getting something like a neutral point of view.
- 03-07-2007 - Hamed Abd Farhan
- 21-06-2007 - Filaih Wadi Mijthab
- 19-06-2007 - Sahar Hussein Ali al-Haydari
- 19-06-2007 - Serge Maheshe
- 13-06-2007 - Saif Fakhri
- 11-06-2007 - Zakia Zaki and Shokiba Sanga
- 29-05-2007 - Luiz Carlos Barbon Filho
- 25-05-2007 - Ali Khalil
- 24-05-2007 - Abshir Ali Gabre and Ahmed Hassan Mahad
- 22-05-2007 - Alaa Uldeen Aziz and Saif Laith Yousuf
- 18-05-2007 - Suleiman Abdul-Rahim al-Ashi and Mohammad Matar Abdo
- 15-05-2007 - Raad Mutashar, Imad Abdul-Razzaq al-Obeidi and Ageel Abdul-Qader, and of their driver Nibras Razzaq
- ... I wish it would stop ... it does not stop here ...