Monday, September 14, 2020

A new tool implies changes for me .

A list like this is wonderful and it has always been a list where I either only import existing office holders or attempt to "do them all".  Typically I did the first few, making a point to include the incumbent. 

I added this template {{PositionHolderHistory|id=Q**}} to all the items for an office in my African politicians project.  You find the template on the talk page and like the Listeria lists, they show past and present office holders.

I still prefer my method of including the "red links" in Wikidata but it is a wiki and there is so much more to do.. What I started to do with office holders from Togo is that for those I will not link to predecessors and successors, I will at least show the dates they were in office. 

It looks much better in Listeria too. 

Thanks, GerardM

No comments: