The presentation I gave at the 2014 Dutch conference in Utrecht went well. Sadly, for whatever reason I found that it is not yet on Commons. That can be remedied.
When I present, the slides include the main points so when people doze off, they can always find what it was all about. This presentation is very much my view on Wikidata. I presented in Dutch and the slides are in English so that it can be easily re-used.
The points I made are:
- Knowing about Wikidata and its development is best understood thanks to the stats
- Appreciating the information included is best done through the Reasonator
- Wonderful tools exist that are sadly NOT part of plain vanilla Wikidata
- Why and how I make so many edits ... the method in my madness
- The Dutch Wikipedia COULD activate Wikidata search.. to share in the sum of all available knowledge
- Much knowledge is not known to the Dutch Wikipedia
- Wikidata already knows about much meta data on Commons thanks to the Creator templates