Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Public Policy Project

The latest #Wikimedia Foundation project aims to cover the subject of Public Policy. It is an experiment on the English Wikipedia aimed to experiment with bringing subject matter experts to work effectively on Wikipedia.

It will be interesting to learn how the Neutral Point of View squares up with American experts writing about a contentious subject like public policy. The project will be run from the San Francisco office and one of the other goals is to develop a model that can be used by the chapters for other subjects.

At this time 52.9% of the traffic of the English Wikipedia is by the US public. The challenge will be to represent the view of the other 47.1% of the public.
Post a Comment