Monday, May 30, 2011

#WMFboard; #LGBT what to think

I was asked to comment on a new article. It describes a book, involvement of President Obama and really what is there to say but *great* that there is an article about a book, maybe a movement that reassures young kids that they are ok as they are.

Where I come from people are fairly tolerant. Personally I have friends who are gay, some have aids. I have friends who wear an abaya. They are all my friends. I stand by them. They are people, not stereotypes and, I love them for who they are and what they mean to me.

People may think that clogs are typical Dutch but they are as French. In the Netherlands clogs are certified security shoes and in French they threw their "sabots" in machines and that is the origin of sabotage. Some even dance competently with clogs on outside the Netherlands.



For me there are people. The people who are part of our community are among the finest. The people I like the least typically turn out to be fine people when I actually meet them.
Thanks,
      GerardM

No comments: