- It will make it obvious that the WMF cares about language support
- Translatewiki.net will gain more recognition as a project
- It will make translatewiki.net more sustainable
- It may attract more developers to translatewiki.net
- It will attract more localisers to translatewiki.net
- More open source applications can be localised at translatewiki.net
- The WMF community may want to influence some of the translatewiki.net policies
It is exciting that translatewiki.net as a WMF project is being considered.. Do you see any other advantages or drawbacks ?