Thursday, September 15, 2011

Too long; didn't read

I recently dumped #Techcrunch from my #reader. Techcrunch features too many long articles, articles with video, articles with long references to companies. It took me too long to scroll past them so I finally got rid of all of them.

Many of the blog posts I get presented in my reader are "information dense" and too long. Typically they pass me by. Some have gems of information hidden among pebbles of data. Those posts I trawl for information and you know what, they tend to provide me with popular topics for on my blog.

A blog post needs to be sweet and short; preferably with only one point. An illustration needs to support the story or hint at more to come. In the end, a successful blog tells stories by frequently returning to the same subject.
Thanks,
       GerardM

1 comment:

Protonk said...

I dumped techcrunch from my reader because it's techcrunch. :P