Sunday, April 04, 2010

David Gerard's law

The Crucifixion, c. 1515
 David, Gerard
One of the laws that I often refer to is "David Gerard's law"; On Wikipedia, the reward for a job well done is another three jobs.

I quoted the law today but I could not find a source. So I did the next best thing; I asked David himself. This is the best place for it, among many other laws and collaries.

By blogging about David's law, you will be able to find the source.. Googling for an illustration I found this appropriate image for Easter 2010.
Thanks,
     GerardM

2 comments:

David Gerard said...

:-)

It applies to any volunteer organisation. I think the mechanism is, you think of a job, then you think of people who would be good for the job. Those will be volunteers who are already doing things.

This can create a closed cabal. So you have to go looking for fresh volunteers to lure into the job cycle!

GerardM said...

More famous internet "laws" .. http://bit.ly/47Lrby
Thanks,
GerardM