Monday, November 08, 2010

#Censorship and #Wikimedia #Commons

Pictures that I share from Commons can not be seen in #Iran I learned. That is a bummer. It means that I have to save and upload from Commons.. :(
  

As I wanted to illustrate the bad news with a picture from Commons, I selected this picture because it does fit my needs. It is quite ironical that this picture itself is in danger of being deleted from Commons.


When you look at a picture and decide that it is not "educational" does that mean that it cannot be used in an educational context ? How do you illustrate censorship ?

This picture and two others may have been "uploaded as a WP:POINTy protest against the blocking of Mbz1."  However, this makes no difference to the usefulness of such a picture.. It is a picture that stands out among the rest.
Thanks,
       GerardM
Post a Comment