This evaluation is in Dutch. It is written by Kennisland, a Dutch open source and open content powerhouse. They have build themselves an enviable reputation. The Dutch chapter has collaborated regularly with them.
The following list is cherry picked and full of pertinent and/or actionable conclusions.
- material of particular relevance to a culture will get most attention by that culture
- the files made available to Wikipedia reached more viewers than all the files at the archive
- Europeana gives access to the whole collection and provides only twice as many referrals as the nl.wikipedia
- Wikipedia traffic does not generate traffic to the archive - lack of attribution for pictures is one reason
- there is a lack of reliable statistics provided by Wikimedia
- this lack of reliability makes collaboration less interesting for a GLAM
on the picture
The statistics should be presented with the same level of quality and sophistication as the Wikimedia statistics and the numbers should be as timely, accurate and complete.